Sunday, March 22, 2015

My 2x Great Grandmother-Dora Bell Goben

My topic for the next installment of "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" is titled "Good Deeds". ( I am so behind.....) I have met so many distant relatives since I have started digging up the past.

Not only do they share their hard work, some have been doing this a very long time, they are very quick to do so.

One of my distant cousins and I have been sharing information for two years now! And if it wasn't for her, I would not have the gems below of my 2x Great Grandmother on my Mother's side, Dora Bell Goben.

Dora Bell was born December 16, 1872 in Chandlerville, Illinois to John Wesley and Julia Ann (nee Centers) Goben. She was the oldest of 8 children.

Below is a picture of Dora Bell, in the middle with her parents and siblings. I am guessing this has to be before 1890. How cool is this picture!


Dora Bell married Hans Jensen Andresen in 1891 at the age of 19.


By the 1900 census, they had 4 children: Verdi, Metti, Doris and Johnie.
Hans, Dora, Verdi and Metti
Hans and Dora never left Cass County, Illinois. They raised a family (added three more children Marie, Harry and Carroll), had a farm,  Hans was a shoemaker and Dora stayed at home to raise the family.



Dora died September 12, 1938 and is buried in Cass County, Illinois next to Hans.


Never would I have the above photos if it weren't for the "good deed" of my distant cousin.




No comments:

Post a Comment